Sunday 21 September 2014

Game Time!

I'm back from my first ever airsoft game. It was arranged on an abandoned, overgrown industrial lot, which was pretty sweet just in and of itself. Long grass and a small wooded area mixed with the decaying ruin, broken glass and rusted machinery made for a pretty Zone-like atmosphere.

The holo sight is yet to come through in the mail, so I was mainly spraying and praying with the AUG most of the time. I managed to get a kill, though, as I was hiding behind a desk in an otherwise empty garage and a group of enemies approached. Put enough BBs their way and some of them were bound to hit!

The mesh mask is a bit of a problem occasionally. The way the goggles sit so far away from my face, I have very little peripheral vision and need to constantly stare at my feet lest I fall down a ditch. And still I did. Luckily it was dry and I wasn't going too fast.

I'm writing this about an hour after the game ended, I've just eaten and I'm completely knackered. The adrenaline rush was incredible, and the group, despite my apprehension, were a great bunch of guys. Definitely doing this again. As soon as I get some sleep first. Damn I'm so beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment