Sunday 5 October 2014

A Problem of Chronographic Proportions

It was game day again. One member had brought a chronograph so that we could see how our weapons actually perform. I had read on several online shop descriptions that the AUG should be shooting around 100 m/s (330 fps) out of the box. When my turn to step up to the chrono came, I was seriously disappointed to see that the best reading I got was 78 m/s (256 fps). The average was around 76 m/s (249).

Something is obviously wrong, either the hop-up leaks like a sieve or there's something wrong with the gearbox. With the G-hop mod I get damn good range, but it takes the BBs forever to get there. The game itself was still fun, even though somewhat overshadowed for me personally by the poor performance of my gun. I now had real, indisputable evidence that it was a bit sucky. Now I'm really looking forward to the new spring arriving. Hurry up, Mr. Postman!

No comments:

Post a Comment